EnviroGuard do not treat bats, there is a UK law protecting bats that is considerably stricter than it is for most other animals. All bat species are protected under schedule 5 of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981. All bats are also included in Schedule 2 of the Conservation (Natural Habitats) Regulations 1994, which defines “European protected species of animals”. Taken together the Act and Regulations make it illegal to:
- Intentionally or deliberately kill, injure or capture (take) bats;
- Deliberately disturb bats (whether in a roost or not);
- Damage, destroy or obstruct access to bat roosts
- Possess or transport a bat or any part of a bat, unless acquired legally;
- Sell, barter or exchange bats, or parts of bats.
If you require further information relating to bats, the first point of contact should be with Natural England or another relevant body.